This summer may be the busiest of my young life thus far. I shall joyfully be documenting these adventures along the way, so stay tuned for videos and posts from ‘behind the magic curtain’. I’m letting you all in on the inside happenings of the independent fashion world. The good, bad, and beautiful. It is a diary after all. Let’s see how this will pan out in my checklist version of the term “busy”…
1. Fulfill Kickstarter Pledge of $8,600 (we did it!)
2. Fly to Los Angeles to premier Crowned Bird to the wholesale market during the California Market Center June 11-13th.
3. Style for an upcoming Vogue editorial in Los Angeles June 14th.
4. Fly back to Dallas June 15th to finalize all production details including sourcing, grading, marking, cutting, sewing.
5. Fly to Paris June 29th to wake up on my birthday and attend the Pret-a-Porté trade show in June 30th-July 3rd.
6. Styling a French magazine Crowned Bird magazine editorial from July 4th-July 5th (more details to come).
7. July 7th back in Dallas to make the move to Los Angeles. Set up new studio. Begin preparing for fall fashion shows.
…to sum it up, life gets more interesting by the minute. I just need to stay sweet and be bold. And enjoy the greatness of what is to come.